Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bob Barker's Biggest Nightmare

So each week at church the women get some time to share a "good news moment" with each other. This week was particularly awesome. One darling sister raised her hand and said, "We are having another set of kittens at our house this week. We are in DESPERATE need of families needing kittens. If you know of anyone who would like a kitten we would love to give them one." People kind of laughed and another sister said, "So everyone take a kitten!" And the the kitten owner said, "No really we have like 30 kittens." To which every one sort of laughed and gasped.

Here is where to me it got awesome. "We don't mean to keep having so many kittens, but the cats bother my mom and so she keeps putting the cats out on the street. And then uh-oh! We have more kittens." So Mom's the one turning them out!

And people were so cute coming to her aid offering up things they knew about how to help her find those who were seeking animals. All I could imagine was the red light cat district. Clearly I was not on my game today. But I wasn't the only one.....

After a few suggestions the woman conducting the meeting in the most loving voice and demeanor said, "Okay, well, I'm not sure that was a "Good News Moment" but thank you for sharing. Does anyone else have something to share?" My ability to silent Muppet laugh came in might handy today! I love these women!!

But seriously, if you want a kitten, they have like 30.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I knew I should've tired harder to get to church yesterday! Man, too bad I missed that one. And why has she not "fixed" that dang cat? You'd think after the first 5 litters, she would've got a clue.....

Carolyn said...

I had to read it again this morning. So funny. LOVE the title! You crack me up!