Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The best way to spread Christmas cheer...

Merry 12 Days of Christmas blogging! This is my third year running on blogging about Christmas for all 12 Days. It may be a little more tricky this year, newborn and all, but yes, it shall be conquered!

Buddy the Elf is my favorite elf. He says that "the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." In attempts to get our four month old son in the holiday spirit I've been busting out some awesome Christmas songs. I'm surprised at how large my holiday repertoire is! I even have a few Hanukkah songs up my sleeve! But as I wound down thinking the insanity was almost over, I was suddenly transported back to third grade and remembered some Christmas songs that frankly I can't believe I ever forgot.

That's right. I could suddenly remember the words to "Santa's using Zebras now." A classic little diddy about how"Donner, Blitzen all the reindeer put him on the spot! They were use to ice and cold but Africa was hot!" So, of course Santa uses zebras. It's a very spicy number.

But my favorite that has returned from the recesses of my memory is "Santa Your Too Fat." It goes a little something like this,

"I heard a reindeer hoof,
then Santa dressed in red,
Came crashing through the roof,
And landed on my bed.
I thought it was a dream,
but quickly did I wake,
as soon as I heard Santa scream,
"I want a piece of cake!"

OOOOOOOoooooh! Santa Claus, Santa Claus, you are much to fat!
I was sleeping peacefully but now my bed is flat!
OOOOOOOOoooooh! Santa Claus, Santa Claus how much do you weigh?
I'm glad I'm not a reindeer that has to pull your sleigh."

Unfortunately I don't remember the second verse because I always chose to take the descant "Ho! Ho! Ho!" However, I know that the last line we used to all yell really loud, "SANTA YOUR TOO FAT!"

Not the nicest Christmas song ever, but you know the boy is going to love it in a few years. Chunky Santa forever! Viva los chunk!

1 comments:

Nancy Pitney said...

One of our favorites from elementary school is called "Mamacita, Donde esta Santa Claus?" I actually downloaded some versions of it a few years ago, just for the nostalgia. Isn't it funny how we learn these obscure songs in childhood? (Not the kids in my Chorus Club--they learned some classics, and of course, Believe from Polar Express). Merry Christmas!