Thursday, December 15, 2011

Best gifts?

I quite often get sucked in by websites promising me the best or newest great gift to give. This year I was reviewing the top 100 best gifts as predicted by Amazon. Most of the things on the list were predictable, gadgets, perfume, fruit baskets. And then I found their 4 best books to give section. I was getting all excited thinking I'd found myself a little reading list of the books published this year that I had missed. Are you ready for the top 4 books of 2011?!?

1. Extended version of "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"
2. Harry Potter book 6
3. Lord of the Rings series
4. The Chronicles of Narnia series

Yeah, not a single one written this year. Best buys of 2011? Maybe it should have said most purchased books of 2011. If that is so, I'm glad to see these classics living on, but slightly disappointed that according to Amazon nothing good has been printed or written since Harry P. I guess I can take comfort that Twilight is not on the list. Yes, I read them but they in no way rank with C.S. Lewis.

So the list was a swing & a miss! Have you read any great books this year?

3 comments:

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

I, too, was relieved to see that Twilight didn't make that list.

Nancy Pitney said...

I just started an interesting one: Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children. I like it so far! The last couple I read I didn't even get half way. That's how sad my reading repetorie has been lately.

Wonders said...

Have you ever read the Goose Girl books? They are young adult, but I actually liked them more than Twilight. I guess that's not saying much, but they are good ones.