Thursday, February 26, 2009

Double Nyquil on the Rocks

You know you've officially lost the battle to your cold when you are....

A. Sitting on the couch in your apartment,
B. Crying on the phone to your husband cause you can't open a bottle of stupid delicious spaghetti sauce,
C. Explaining that yes you tried to use a towel to help open it,
D. Yes, you tried to go ask the beefy neighbor to help you but you couldn't figure out how to open his gate.
E. Yes, you googled other solutions but we don’t have a rubber band anywhere,
F. And sadly, yes you realize he can’t come help you, you just need someone to cry to because you are frustrated.
G. And then as I sobbed away I started hysterically laughing at how ridiculous the whole situation was.

Dear God,

Thank you for my Josh who is patient and kind even when I am full head winds into my crazy.

Amen

*** 20 minutes after I'd gotten after the phone with Josh and written this, he showed up, opened up my can of spaghetti sauce and drove back to work. Think he loves me? I do. *****

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Aww... That's amazing. Josh has always been super sweet and amazing. Husbands are great for that kind of stuff ;)

Micah said...

I could dominate that sauce top! Yeah, I work out. However, I do not think I could top the smooth moves of Joshua Haws. Thank you for treating my little sister so good. And as for you Ellen, suck it up. Love your big brother.

AW Cake! said...

What a good hubs you have! I would have banged the stupid thing on the counter until it either broke or the lid fell off...
Pass the NyQuil, 'kay? My night-time sniffling, sneezing, coughing and achey head need to be put in their place!