Friday, May 1, 2009

Derby is my middle name....

It's derby weekend! The run for the roses is upon us folks and I am ready, let me tell you!! Start time - check. Horse choices - check. I'm going with Papa Clem. Josh's choice is Freisan Fire. I'm going to try and talk him into betting some house chore on the race. You know dishes for a month or something. Traditional foods - check. I've got benedictine dip mixed and in the fridge. (cucumber veggie dip, it's killer good, let me know if you want the recipe) And the fixings for Derby pie are awaiting race day!

And this year, I've got a little something special. I apparently have decided to take a vacation from my problem by pretending I am a rich racehorse owner. I've decorated the silks my jockey would wear. Dashing, aren't they?
I've picked out the hat I would wear, that I wouldn't blink an eye about spend $225 for. "Shannon, do you like my hat?" (Name that movie!!)


I even tried to figure out what I would name my horse, until I realized there were all these intricate rules. How can racehorse owners on one hand wear these silly hats and then on the other have outrageous rules concerning name creation? I call shenanigans on you race horse owners or America. Shenanigans - now that there is a good horse name.

5 comments:

Flying Dusteroo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flying Dusteroo said...

"Step to the line gentlemen, step to the line!!!" So you better Hold Me Back, because my house is taking the red roses, not like that silly yellow one on your hat, "You cocker" . . .

Staci Kramer said...

I found this blog that was totally entertaining and I thought of you. I think you will be as entertained by it as I am. http://www.apostropheabuse.com/

Staci Kramer said...

awesome derby hat by the way!

Ellen said...

You feed the random website addiction!! This is going to keep me entertained for hours!