Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Beware....Beware the Shreiking Eels!

"Do you know what that sound is, highness? Those are the shrieking eels! If you don't believe me, just wait. They always grow louder when they're about to feed on human flesh! If you swim back now I promise no harm will come to you...I doubt you'll get such an offer from the eels. "

Anyone else think there is something ominous in the fact that the fridge in my new apartment sounds a little like the shrieking eels Vizzini warns Buttercup about? You don't notice it during the day, but at night when you go in to fill up your water with precious refrigerated water or grab a cheese stick. Oh the wailing!!

I'm going to take it as my refrigerators nice way of reminding me I'm trying to lose weight by terrifying the inner child in me each time I step in my kitchen. Maybe this place has some hidden ROUSes to help me get my dishes done and a sandpit that will force me into timely homework completion.

I think I just wrote a good sales pitch for What about Bob 2. "Dedication by Terror: New Steps to Improving Your Life" by Dr. Leo Marvin.

4 comments:

AW Cake! said...

I love the Princess Bride. Anytime you can tie it into daily conversatoin is good. lol

Wonders said...

We totally watched that movie on Sunday! Eric bought it because he said the cover is awesome. And of course because I LOVE that movie and find ways to speak of it as often as possible! I think YOU should write that book though, I would buy it.

Nancy Pitney said...

Glad to see there are others out there that have that movie memorized. It's a total classic. Good luck with your fridge. Hope it doesn't die on you! :-)

Stacie said...

You are hilarious. I love how you find humor and the silver lining in this situation.

"Stop rhyming nad I mean it. Anybody have a peanut?"