Thursday, September 9, 2010

Adverbally Addicted

Seriously, I'm addicted. Honestly, I didn't realized it I was doing it until recently. Truthfully, I was chatting with my friend GPJ and I realized that I was starting each sentence with an adverb. Interestingly, I don't do think I do it when I speak, I think it is only when I type. Surprisingly, now that I've brought attention to the condition, I find it really hard to stop.

Seriously, it is hard to stop.

Uncommonly, hard to stop.

Intentionally, I have to go back and correct my sentences to make them not start we an adverb. Obviously, I've become the adverb Yoda of the chatting world.

Awfully monstorous, no?

3 comments:

AW Cake! said...

Bwahahahaha!!! You funny lady.

Staci Kramer said...

Was it Hemmingway who said, if you can find an adverb, kill it? So much easier said than done.

Unknown said...

Seriously Ellen, that's funny.