Sunday, March 7, 2010

Power to the Peeples!!

“Spring time a ring a ding a ding time. Birds sing! A ding, a ding, ding, ding! Sweet lovers love the spring!” Mr. Wonka, you are a delight! Willy and I share a love of all things spring (perfect weather, spring training games, blooming cacti) but we also share a love of candy. And ya’ll Easter time brings out the best candies mankind has ever created. Starburst jellybeans, Cadbury eggs and glorious gooey scrumdiddlyumptious Peeps!


Last year I started a little competition – the Peep Off. (Yes I totally stole this idea from a newspaper, but it makes me happy!) The idea is to use Peeps as an art medium. There are no restrictions; the only rule is you MUST use Peeps!! I will tell you that last year’s winner already has plans for their submission. It’s on like Donkey Kong folks!


Okay so for logistical reasons here is the boring stuff: Submit a photo or video to the competition by March 27th. Email it to me at my dedicated Peep Off email: peepsshow@gmail.com. Submission will then be posted on the blog for voting. Voting will begin March 28th and close April 1st. Winner receives glory and bragging rights along with a prize package of Peeps paraphernalia. Fancy that, fancy feast!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm totally in this year. HMMM.... where shall the peeps go?

Nancy Pitney said...

I'm one step ahead of you Jel. Just purchased my peeps and am brainstorming already!

Micah said...

Peep up the good work. - Kate

I better win this (peep)ing contests or I'm going to be (peep)ing mad if you know what I mean. - Micah

Peep working on it - Jonah

Peep-a-bo - Lincoln

We'll see what we can come up with.