Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Melts in your mouth, Not in your spine!

I have a darling friend who has been suffering from a major back problem the last few months. Diligent has friend followed doctors recommendations, stretching, bending, allowing them to poke and prod. Yes, there has been some relief, but mostly nothing. We all wait for the magical cure all.

I sprained my back muscles last week and I would say minutely began to understand what friend has been suffering. In my one-tenth way I understand how uncomfortable it is. My highest sympathies to you, friend! And so as I cruised the Internet this evening, my eye was naturally drawn to an inspiring article on CNN, "Blue M&M dye reduces spine injury in mice" Say what?? That's right! The blue dye they use in M&M and Gatorade if injected directly into the spinal cord can heal the spine! For rizzo!! (Rizzo - also a famous Muppets mouse) And so I'm thinking STAT! We need 30 CCs for friend! And then I read that there is a small interesting side effect... you start out looking like this...
Cute little creepy red eyed mouse. Look at him all sore back watching TV on his stomach just like my friend does. Poor buddy. Then they squirt you full of M&M blue and you end up looking like this....

Smurf Mouse!!! The thing is that the blue goes away. You only stay blue for "awhile." So the question is, would it be worth it? Would you go blue to get your function back? What if "awhile" is 3 weeks? 6 months? 2 years?

I totally would do it! For the medical bonus and because blue is beautiful. Not to mention slimming I hear! Holla!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummm, why don't you just buy a HUGE bag of M&Ms and just eat the blue ones? Much better way to go than just a shot of the blue stuff. Too bad we don't have Smurfett anymore- you could stay at our house after the shot and no one would ask questions!

Nancy Pitney said...

That is crazy! I'm not sure turning blue would be worth it--but I know an excellent chiropractor in Queen Creek, if you want to give it a try! When my neck hurts, he has me lay on a cold 20 oz. water bottle for 10 minutes a couple times a day. You'd be amazed at how well it works! Good luck!

AW Cake! said...

I'd go blue. It'd go great with my eyes...PLUS then I could say that I was Smurfette's sister. It's a win-win!

Shannon said...

Being blue would be cool because people might think I'm some sort of superhero...:)